1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark hydro parking brake.

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by toby, Mar 25, 2002.

1. toby

toby LawnSite Member
    from ontario

2. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

They look pretty easy to install but the newer exmarks seem to have a notch cut out of the rear frame which the brake uses, I do not know if the retro kit brakes need this or not. All 3 of our TT are 3 years old and they do not have them. After looking at it on a new machine at the local dealer I have three ordered and cut a deal with them so they can install them for me. They were less than $150 cdn each.

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just ordered mine last week for my Viking. I'll call today to see if it's in yet. I think Exmark said the cost is about $100.00. I'll probally just let my dealer install it for me.
  4. TJLC

I called today to see if my parking brake was in and they said it was put on backorder. Who knows how long that will take.
  5. TJLC

I got my parking brake in and installed a few days ago. (dealer said it was not a real fun job). I have to say it ranks right up there as one of my best investments to date. It holds my Exmark Viking solid on my trailer. Thanks Exmark.