Exmark hydro problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by kayeproperties, Mar 27, 2008.

1. kayeproperties

kayeproperties LawnSite Member

I just replaced a leaking hydro pump that was getting weak. I cant seem to get the air out of the system. I put the rear wheels off ground and worked it forward then reverse and then let ut run for a while and it dosent get stronger. Reverse is almost nuthing. Wont move the mower. The hydro oil definately has air in it. The other side works fine? I loosened the pressure relief nut then tightened it and no difference. Is there a secret? Could the pump be bad? I got it from J-thomas a name brand distributor. Is there something I am missing?
    Thanks for the help

2. kayeproperties

This is an Exmark Lazer Z with a 25 Hp Kohler sorry I didnt describe it

3. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

check to see you got the lever that moves the pump shaft tight sounds like you dont have the set bolt tight.you know the one with the square head?

4. kayeproperties

When all else fail follow directions. I was so dam positive to make sure the hydro lines going to the wheels were tight and secure that I didnt totally re tighten the intake from the filter so it wasnt leaking fluid just letting it suck air in. I am my own worst enemy sometimes. I now have 20 bucks worth of Mobile 1 on my driveway and 3 hours worth of hair pullin but works like a champ now!
    Thanks for the help anyway!