exmark hydro pump replacement problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jcantrell, Jul 16, 2008.

1. jcantrell

jcantrell LawnSite Member

I just replaced a blown left hydro pump on my exmark lazer z and can't get that side to work at all now.

I put the rear off the ground and worked the levers for over an hour and the wheel is still not moving at all. The side that I replaced is super noisey when ever I move the sticks out of neutral position. I can easily spin it forward or backwards by hand. I have opened and closed the pressure release valves, made sure that the filter is filled to the top, made sure the resevoir is full and cracked and retightend the hoses from the pump to the wheel motor.

What have I missed? Is there anything that I am missing?

Please help!

2. jcantrell

jcantrell LawnSite Member

No advice?

3. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

were you sure it was the pump in the first place? or did the pump take out the motor as well when it went down. did you blow out all the lines with air? did you fulsh the wheel motor before installing the new pump? this repair you have done is not just to replace the pump. when a pump blowes up metal will go through the wheel motor, hoses then to the filter block if you did not flush out everything you may have just bought a new motor and another pump.

4. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like the wheel motor went south! A trashed pump will usually take a wheel motor with it .

5. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

if his motor went bad also... well he may have to buy a new pump to. hard lesson learned.