eXmark hydro WB

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MTR, Apr 28, 2004.

1. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Hi eXmark forum,
    I have a few question concerning eXmark hydro WB. I have noticed lately that newer hydro WB like 02-present, the owners are having problems little or big accordingly by reading and also checking into the trade-ins at local dealerships. I am now to the point that sometimes this year I do need a bigger deck than my current 36" Metro to save on time and increase earnings, the 52" is the choice. But I am backing out of the hydro much or less due to the down time and annoying repairs cost most operators are experiencing. I am very much spoiled by my so truly reliable belt Metro/jungle wheels (never repair or downtime) and don't want to encounter down time from hydro machine in the field.

Do you think I should stay with a new 48" metro ( I know how to take care the eXmark belt manchine very well, this thing is indestructible) I doubt a 48" will help me much more than the current 36" or get a 52" lazer or 52 TTHP with all the cost that come along ...annoying repair, downtime, etc.
    If you can suggest, please advice on the "particular" model so I don't waste time, just go to it.

thanks , what a great forum!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

MTR,

I would not shy away from the hydros based upon what you've read or seen on LS. Truthfully if you grease the hydro belt tensioning idler this machine is probably quite a bit more reliable than a belt drive. If you prefer a belt drive that not a big deal but I would not shy away from a hydro because your concerned about reliability.

In Florida the added depth of the UltraCut deck and the 27 hp Kohler are both highly sought after. In this region this is one of our most popular models.

Your really should demo the TTHP52, TT52 or the Lazer 52". Any of the three would server you just fine but I can say that more often than not in your region the Lazer 52 would get the sale.

Thanks,

Terry

3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Terry, Thanks for your suggestion. Now, would you tell me about the MSRP on these three models? TTHP 52, TT52 and the bad boy Lazer 52" with 27 hp Kohler?
    I need to know eXmark price so I can compare with dealership, normally in December there always a great bargain before Christmas or last week of the year. I am trying to hold out till then for the deal, I know I can get through summer with my Metro even I have to work all week to catch up.
    thanks again for info.
    regards,

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

MTR,

The MSRP for the Lazer 27/52 is $8599, Turf Tracer 23/52 is $6399, the Turf Tracer 20/52 is $6099 and the Turf Tracer HP is $5299-$5499 depending upon if you want electric start or pull start.

Thanks

Terry