Exmark is askin' for input........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Acute Cut started a thread in TurfMFG and eXmark responded and asked for some more input on the subject from you guys. Thought it would get a better response if it were poosted on Lawnsite. Not to mention I would like to hear what y'all have to say about this. Come on guys! Let's help 'em out!!!

A link to the thread is at the end of this post. Either reply to this thread or the one on TurfMFG, your choice. Or both if you choose. This is basically what they asked:

The control arrangement we have has been the same since we introduced the Lazer Z product. In your opinion and other professionals that read this post, do we have an opportunity for improvement?

If yes, how so?

- Location of controls (Does everyone prefer having them higher?(to the left or right?)
    - Are our controls easy to use, read etc.?
    - Do we have all of the necessary gauges you guys would like to see?
    - What other comments or suggestions do you all have?

We appreciate your input on this......

Regards,

Exmark

http://www.turfmfg.com/showthread.php?threadid=192

2. Vibe Ray

Just thought I'd renew this....

3. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I wish Exmark would produce an outfront deck to their mower line. I'm sure they could build a unit that is close to the famed out front Walker mower. Mid-Mounts have their place, but I prefer an out front deck for getting closer to things to cut down on string trimming. Just my opinion. If they made a mower like the Walker I would buy one.
    Mowman

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I thought they used to didn't they? Or was that just Toro that had that model. I know that Scag has one as well.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The Lazer line is about perfect! Add a tach and move the PTO switch so your calf doesnt switch it off! More speed is always a plus! Offer a standard suspension seat and foot deck lift. OCDC from the factory would be nice for those without a YSM model.

Viking Hydro 48"....Offer a 17 or 19 Kawi. 15hp is not enough with a Hydro!

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Mowman, Exmark does have a outfront deck rider. Its called the turf ranger.

Dixie1, Thats one good thing about my z master. The pto switch is mounted on the top of the left gas tank next to the key!

7. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

This was kind of my thought i suppose so i should explain my ideas. I am working up a plan for them at this time. I looked at the scag turf tiger and it had all the operation toggles, switches, and guages to the left. With the current set up you have to reach down between your legs to get too or turn off the mower. If i had to get off and pick something up i have to stop, put mower in neutral, reach down and set the blade and brake. Scag can do most of this on the fly. I know that with enough practice i could be the pro that most of yall probably are.

Exmark does have an out front mower. It is indeed called a Turf Ranger. I owned one once. If you would go to the website then you can see one for yourself. It is FUN to whip around on that thing. Brodee city! But with the fun comes the introduction of safety hazards. I almost tipped it twice. Full speed and the turning is NOT good. It was totally my fault though. The electric deck lift to 45 degrees or so is also REALLY nice. I used to back my mower in backwards on my trailer. When the front wheels would get up to the trailer i would stop. This allowed me to clean under the deck very easily.

Dont get me wrong on the controls though. It is NOT a BIg deal to me. It was just a question about the feasiblity for options is all. I have riden the lazer probably only 20 times or so and dont see it as a major problem. And of course, as always, Exmark is the only brand of mower i love to use. Heck, i love the mower so much i got me an exmark hat to wear every day while mowing. It looks more professional than my skiing hat from big white. And the hats i had made last year are totally grodeed up so i am gonna toss them out. Ya gotta love a company that does what every guy wants. MORE POWER!

Acute Cut

8. Vibe Ray

Exmark also asked: Do we have all of the necessary gauges you guys would like to see?
    I don't have enough experience to answer this,but was wondering this before if you guys would think it would be nice to have some "other than standard gauges" on a ZTR, well would you?