Exmark is Killing Me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chris Ke, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Chris Ke

Chris Ke LawnSite Member

I have been without my Lazer Z for a week now. The PTO clutch went out on it after 125 hours. So I have been waiting on one now for a week and the dealer says they cannot get one from Exmark. I have a really bad dealer when it comes to service after the sell. If you only run 1 or 2 mowers and not 10 they are not very concerned about you.

At the rate that it is raining (11 out of the last 12 days) and the fact that I do not have my mower, I hope Wal-mart will be hiring soon.

Just something for those of you thinking of purchasing a mower in the near future. I am not sure how good Toro's customer service is but it cannot be any worse than Exmark's.

2. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think that it's Exmarks fault. It's your dealers. My pto clutch went out about 3 months ago. I was in the middle of a customers yard when it went out. This was at 4:30 on a Friday. They had me running again at 9:30 Saturday morning. Post this in the exmark forum and I'm sure Terry will get to the bottom of it.

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It isn't exmark that is the problem.
    Your dealer is lying to you.
    We own exmarks and it is not an issue.

4. Chris Ke

Chris Ke LawnSite Member

I called Exmark and they said it could be their fault since they were in the middle of inventory...

Really hard to explain that to my customers.....

5. dvmcmrhp52

from Pa.

And your dealer doesn't have one in stock because of what?

It's a pretty common item don't you think?

6. Chris Ke

Chris Ke LawnSite Member

I like my Exmark (when it is running) as good as anyone. But unlilke you guys I am not die hard with defending them. Let me lay out this scenario for you:

I call Exmark again and they say my dealer did not ever contact them. So it is my dealer's fault. What is Exmark going to do? Are they going to reprimand the dealer? No... So ultimately it is Exmark's fault for not policing their dealers...

7. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

If Exmark told you that then it's a whole different story. If they told me that I would say well I'm in the middle of the season. Get the dealer the clutch ASAP. Them doing inventory shouldn't affect you business. Having to wait a week for repair is ridiculous.

8. dvmcmrhp52

from Pa.

No it is your dealers fault for being a poor business man.

9. Chris Ke

Chris Ke LawnSite Member

Couldn't agree more..

But I bet some of these people who bleed Exmark red will see it differently......

10. dvmcmrhp52

from Pa.

Why?
    I bleed red..............................LOL!