Exmark Is Stepping Up!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blessed 1, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I see that Exmark has quit using to 31 Hp Vanguard and went to a 35 Hp on the 60" XS and are offering a speed up kit to increase the speed to 15 mph. I have the 05 XS with the 31 Hp and I am drooling to get my hands on a 35 Hp. Do we ever get enough? Now I just have to figure how to get it and dirty it up before the old lady notices..........:hammerhead:
    On a more serious note I bet the 35 Hp will get me through the whole year with a mulch kit. With my old 27 Hp I had to remove it in May. This past year I made it till August with the 31 Hp and removed it for about 3 weeks during the rainy season.

The Lazer Z buyers will now get the 31 Hp and they are going to Love It!

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

31 on the front runner too:)

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

You have to factor the fact that your XS is running bigger pumps and such. I think the 31 will be a good enigne for the Z.

4. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

From what I see they are not putting the larger pumps on the Z. They are affering the 31 Hp on the Lazer Z frame. If they put the larger pumps and all on it, what reason would you have to get the XS? I aggree with ya on it being a good engine on the Z. If mines had the 31 Hp available when I purchased it in 04 I would not be obsessed with the getting the 35:weightlifter:

5. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I was interested in the 28EFI for fuel saveings. Is there a noticable difference between the two motors? I mean can you tell the 3 hp difference?

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I think the big block with more cubic inches (Vanguard) and it's superior torque are what make the difference. The Briggs Vanguard would be hard to bogg down compared to the smaller Kohlers. What do they say about no substitute for cubic inches.

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Copy catting scag

8. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Now this horse power thing has really thrown a wrench Into my gears. Me being a diesel lover Is wondering about the total output torque difference between the 35 hp Vanguard... and the 25Hp Kubota Diesel anyone got the specs on this?
    But yes Exmark has really done a great job In the design dept for 2007.

9. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

With this and other threads..(belt vs Hydro).....I'd think you got your mower for free from Scag or something. Nobody here in this thread even talks about them or compares them with Scag...but there you are...Scag this Scag that...Scag should be paying you.:hammerhead:

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Scag should be paying lawnsite.