Exmark Laser HP Demo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sgl41377, Dec 16, 2006.

1. sgl41377

sgl41377 LawnSite Member

I tried a Laser a couple of weeks ago and was not thrilled. The movements seamed really jerky. I am not familiar with these units. I admit I need some time in the seat, but I dont know what to do. I have enough work to buy a 44 or 46 inch cut, but am lost as to what to buy. Any suggestions or confirmations that I would not be dissappointed with an Exmark Laser. I have been using a 36 inch Exmark belt drive for 2 years now and am ready for something bigger.

2. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

dealer support is more important than brand of mower. find a good dealer then see what he sells and demo them.

DEMO DEMO DEMO

Also I don't think anyone makes a 46' cut. 44" and 48"
    Personally if I was gonna go as big as 44 I would step it up to 52" and get some real efficiency.

3. mark lagasse

mark lagasse LawnSite Member

I have a 46/19 and the reason I got that was my residentials are a little too uneven for even a 50 plus the 50/23 was 1000 more than the 46/19 I bought. I would buy another 46 but with 23 in an 07 model. Also the 07's will have the speed kit to get the blade speed up to 19000ish.

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I believe the new HP comes in a 46" deck, but the 44" is now only on the phazer, which has a different drive system. I haven't driven the new HP's, but my 2003 is very easy to control. I just got a Gravely 44" and now IT seems a little harder to control. I think it's all what you're used to. It takes time on the seat to get comfortable with it. A very light touch is all it takes.

I would take a look at the Gravelys too, I haven't used it much but am impressed with some of the engineering features (bigger front tires, wider rear tires, better balance for more traction and less sliding, plenty of anti-scalps, wheels are set up tight to deck for handling undulations on Bermuda lawns much better, better rear end clearance and deck clearance in transport position for driving up ramps, better access to belts underneath, easy to reach deck leveling adjusters) vs my lazer hp. But it will be next spring before I know the most important thing, how it mulches and cuts. Price should be quite a bit lower than the Exmark of similar specs.

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I demoed a 66" Exmark w/27hp Kholer at the end of the season and I was pretty impressed with it. It was fast, left a great cut and cut through some very tall stuff (a feild), I didnt tell my dealer I did that but I had to see it in some extreme conditions. It did take some getting used to but after a few lawns I was flying on it. We ordered a Lazer HP w/50" deck and a 27hp Kholer, it should scream.