Exmark LaserZ vs Scag Turf Tiger

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by acwei, Apr 18, 2003.

1. acwei

acwei LawnSite Member
    from IN

I can buy demos:

1) Exmark LaserZ - 60" 25 HP Kawasaki air cooled, last year's model with 8 hours for $7900; or
    2) Scag Turf Tiger - 60" 27 HP Kawasaki liquid cooled with 2 hours for $8300.

I will mow... no... my wife will mow 1 acre yard + 7 acre horse pasture.

Many people in this site seem to like the Exmark but when I tested it, the control seemed very touchy and I ended up doing some jerking around when I hit some small bumps.

Anyone have any comments on comparison between the two models?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You Will Get Use to the Controls On The Lazer. I Hear That the controls On the Scag Are Stiff On Your arms After awhile.
    John.

smaller 664.jpg

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Also Go With the Air Cooled A Lot Less Problems! Cheaper To Fix To!
    John

4. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

I think John covered it. Exmark has a stronger deck and at will also cut clippings into much finer particles. That is just a start. The list could go on...

5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

You are getting raped on that price for the lazer. I can the same lazer NEW for $7500.

Beter yet, why dont you look into a Hustler Z. As high (if not higher) quality machine with a 2 year waranty.

6. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

if you can get that same mower new for $7500, it is still a last years model. Exmark doesn't make a Lazer with a 25 Kaw on it anymore. That means the dealer is motivated to move the unit, because that is a strong price.

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

lets rephrase that for "technicalities":

last year i could get the same machine for $7500. better?

8. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

either way that is a strong price. You should have bought it. Could have come down here and sold it for a grand more.