exmark lawn striper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass1, Mar 2, 2002.

1. grass1

grass1 LawnSite Member

:confused: :confused: ive got a 60" lc27 exmark and was thinking about buying the striping roller Is it worth it are there any disadvantages. Thanks
  2. From what I have heard it works well and has other striping uses with the blades off.

Greenquest has one.

Please, no unsponsored mfg links. Thanks.
  3. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

Do you use the Exmark striping roller? I want one but they dont makem for the 48"s. So I was thinking of trying Big League Lawns striping rollers. Any suggestions?

PS. Nice looking pics on your site are those with striping kits? Also I saw your same exact pics on another site for Stay Green in St. Louis Who really mowed those lawns you? or them?

Steve@S&S Heavenly Green Lawns:D
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have a York Sheet Metal Roller for my 60" LC Lazer. Love it. It must be the same as the Exmark, because YSM is no longer offering them on their site. Exmark must have bought the rights to them. Anyway, they are excellent not only for stripes, but as 1 giant antiscalp roller, plus the deletion of the 2 rear gauge wheels.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

yes, eXmark did get yorksheet to make their rollers. From what I was told, they do work well.
  6. I don't quite get what you mean, but I haven't got my biz site on it's own domain yet.

Big League Lawns roller will make your lawn look rolled, it will have matted grass.

None of my pics but the first one on the SG page uses any type of striping accessary (box stock mowers) the first pic Is GreenQuest's till sping gets here to replace with one of my own.
  7. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

Lawngodfather your right about big league roller. I've got a 48'' exmark z and I'm in the market for a roller. Any of you guys have any ideals? I'd like to buy one that looks professional. Harvestman
  8. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

what about a kit for a w/b tracer 52"?any advise.
  9. greenisgold

greenisgold LawnSite Member

I was in my dealer this week and inquired about it. He said you have to change the bolts for the roller settings when you change mowing heights. Any of you guys that have one have to do that? And , yes , exmark did buy the rights from york sheet metal but I don't know who's doing the Mfg. 300 bucks seems a little steep.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The stiper DOES have adjustments for the height of the roller to the deck, but you do NOT have to change it for changing cutting heights. You want the roller to catch your cut blades at about 2/3 of the way toward the top of the blades. when you raise the deck height, the roller raises too. And when you yo lower the deck height, - guess what? :D I'm afraid, you have just experienced another case of what ALL of us encounter at one point or another now and again. A salesman who has never USED the equipment and doesn't quite know what he's talking about.:rolleyes: Haven't we about ALL experienced this at some point, guys?:)