Exmark Laxer HP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Premo Services, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello Mow money,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with your concern. Just from the information given in the post, my initial thought would be blade balance. It sounds as though something is either causing the belt to cycle more than normal, or vibration is taking its toll on the hooks. We have seen some springs fail at the hooks, some due to embrittlement in the spring, but to have several in a row like this is highly unlikely.
    I wonder if the deck is being engaged in the grass, if it is, this would put a lot of load on the spring and belt (especially with doubles). I would also look at the idler arm, if it is 'hanging up', this could cause it to jerk and possibly damage the spring. You should actually grease that arm occasionally with no tension to ensure that grease gets distributed all the way around the bushing.

Concerning your UV belt, I may have something for you to look at. First check the idler on that as well, but it may be that the belt isn't riding in the idler sheave correctly. The belt should run in about the center of the sheave. Due to wear, tolerances, etc. it may not be, causing the edge of the belt to wear eventually causing the belt to fail. We do have a larger sheave available that your dealer can get for you. But, in the mean time, you may even try 'tweaking' the idler so the belt runs in the center to get you by until the new sheave comes in.
    I hope this helps you out. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at service@exmark.com

Thanks,
    Lenny

3. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

Checkk the idler for excessive shaking,if it does look for a small piece of debri,jamb in on of the pulleys ,knocking it out of balance,I had a jd and a bobcat do it this year ,really did not know what it was untill we spun each pulley very slow finding a piece of stick jamb in so tight that you hardley could see it