1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark lazer 60" bagging systems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SDF250, Feb 20, 2001.

1. SDF250

SDF250 LawnSite Member

what are the pros and cons of powered vs belt drive
    and how long does it take to go from blowing grass to vac.
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 52 in. lazer hp and the ultra vac,and it is working pretty well. Only takes a few minutes to take off belt and losen the bolt that holds it on the deck.
    I have been having a problem with the blow out from under the front of deck and tried using the micro mulch blades because they do not have as much lift as the hi hift blades,and it is sucking a lot more with little blow out.
    I think from what I have seen in pics the gas powered units stick out farther from the deck.
    You might have more sucking power with a gas vac though. With the three bag model for the full size lazer it might hold as much as the track-vac gas powered unit. :)
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

im planning on buying the ultra vac for my new 60 inch lazer this fall. ive heard that they are working exceptionally well. belt is better over gas because you dont have a separate motor to maintain, and dust wont effect a belt driven one. from what i hear, belt is the way to go. if you are planning on the belt, jump up to at least a 25 hp kohler to run it.
  4. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

sounds like ill get a walker instead