1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Lazer AS Kaw or Kohler?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by momow, May 16, 2008.

1. momow

momow LawnSite Member

Going to pick out new 60" AS today and was wondering what you guys and gals think about the Engines? I found the torque specs for the Kaw, but not for the Kohler SP. The specs for 25 hp Command Pro are about 10#s down from the Kaw 28, 3 hp and 10 extra lb tourque hmmmm. Might be worth the extra $400, what do the pros think
  2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I like the Kaw on the AS.
  3. momow

momow LawnSite Member

Is there a diff between the Command pro and the SP?
  4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

kawi 28 has been solid
  5. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

go for the Kawi. Great engine.
  6. momow

momow LawnSite Member

Talked to one dealer (who I'm not buying from) said the Kaw was cold
    blooded and a gas hog? And would not last as long as the Kohler?
  7. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

kaw has more power, seems the dealers like the kohlers though, easier to get work done and payed for, because Kaw never takes responsibility. I have all Kohlers buy I miss my Kaws.
  8. You can get kohler parts just about everywhere. Kaw = NOT!
  9. momow

momow LawnSite Member

Well I got it,

Really couldn't justify $500 more for the Kawasaki, so I went with the Kohler. Got a fair price ($7399)and a hat and couple of tee shirts to boot. Got the AS 60" ultracut with 25 Kohler SP. I will use this on my 3 acres and my Mothers 1 acre so probably no more than 3 hrs a week. The Kohler should be fine for power since this is my new toy I will be cutting every 5 days or so, the grass shouldn't get away from me. Guess better fertilize now so I can get it done twice a week. Thanks for the help all, Mo out!