1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Lazer Bagging Systems?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tony Clifton, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know of a few different companies that manufacture aftermarket bagging systems that will fit a Lazer Z? I am getting what I feel to be a high price on an Exmark system, and the salesman said it would probably only hold up for about 2 years.
  2. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Only 2 years?? I've had mine for 3 years and I run the pi%& out mine and it is still working great!There is a dealer in Rossville, GA- last exit on I-75 before you get to Chatanooga- that had one for $800.00. The name of the place is Skyline power equipment. I think there is one on craigslist in ATL for about the same price.
  3. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

here's the top reasons..

1)I would argue it's the best bagging system out there

2)Every part is replacable for the most part

3)It will certainly last longer than 2 years

4)It's made to fit the machine, rather than retro fitting 1 size fits all baggers.
  4. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I've had an Ultra Vac on my 48" Lazer Z for a year now and love it. It was a tad expensive, mine was 1800 befoe tax and it was a 2 bagger. But I believe after the sticker shock it was oney well spent.
  5. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

Do you get the "stalling out" of the motor when you engage the blower?? I have to warm my Lazer HP up for a good 7-10 minutes especially in weather like today (20 degrees and blowing a gale)??? I also think they could have come up with a better attachment system for the bags...getting them to latch on is sometimes a chore in itself!! Also the chute clogs up more than I like...gotta take a small bite at the leaves to keep it from clogging...seems that a system so expensive should be a little more rugged. Just my gripes...
  6. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't engage the blades at full RPM or just a tad shy of full it will stall. But I don't have to let it warm up that long- after it is normally warmed I go to the yard and engage the blades. If I am in a big hurry I sometimes miss one of the bags on the first try but it's not that big of a deal. I think any bagging systems tube will clog if you dive into a tall stack of wet leaves.
  7. DavisLawn

DavisLawn LawnSite Member

I also have one i bought used this year to help my walker with the leaves.... the walker is 3 to 1 the better bagging machine.....the exmark clogs up way too much.