exmark lazer battery keeps draining

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DBL, Aug 12, 2006.

1. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

its draining every 2 or 3 lawns and its not quite running its best we bought a new battery and its still doing it even trickle charged it over night anyone have any input on this

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Well, A engine brand would help but engine model and spec. numbers would be the ultimate.
    Sounds like the charging system is not working, But thats all I can give without the above mentioned.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

It prolly has the 27 kohler on it seeing how it is the 60'' deck in his sig.

4. DBL

yeah 27 fuel injected but i dont have the numbers off hand but we keep charging it and it wont stay i would love to see if you guys might know whats up before i have to take it in

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Check the charging system. On mine it was the stator. Rob helped me diagnos mine. He will be able to help you for sure

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

First of all I just want to say; By jump starting a EFI engine or charging the battery with the cables still connected to the battery, You are running a risk of blowing up the Electronic Control Module. They are in the 4 to 5 hundred dollar range.

Now to business, Rather than me explain the test procedure for the charging system you can go here; http://www.kohlerengines.com/service/manuals/index.jsp And down-load a PDF service manual for your engine, Just enter your model.

The test procedure is fairly easy using a multimeter, And this way I don't have to worry should I leave any small details out. Should you have any questions or problems with the procedure just give a shout back, I'll be glad to help.

Keep us posted of what you find.
    Good Luck

7. DBL

thank you come tomorrow ill get the numbers at the shop and ill download it and test it and let you know what i get