Exmark Lazer CT question???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Creel, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Jason Creel

Jason Creel LawnSite Member

I looking at buying a 2005 Lazer Ct with a 44" deck and 18 HP kohler engine. I would like to know the opinions on this mower. My concern is whether the 18 HP will be fast enough and have enough power. What has been your experiences with this mower or similar models? thanks

2. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

if you get the engine with the canister filter you should be fine. when i worked for my dealership.... almost all of that same mower come back for engine replacements. they all were sold with the triangular filter and not a canister filter... the triangular one didnt filter well and that engine (from what i remember is a single cylinder) strained a lot and sucked a lot of dirt in. they were all changed under warranty of course but once the engine with the canister was put on they didnt give problems anymore unless it was operator error and/or negligence.

3. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I looked at the ct before going with the lazer hp with the 20hp/48". The 18hp would probably be enough as long as your not doing any really big properties or stuff thats really thick and gets tall. I'd say mainly depends on the price. For small residentials I'd say exmark has a good entry level but I'd try to go for the next up model if you can afford it. You'll be glad you did later down the line. Whats the price?