exmark lazer deck problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawndude2004, Jul 13, 2004.

1. lawndude2004

lawndude2004 LawnSite Member

With one lazer already in the shop, my #1 lazer is now cutting terrible. new blades and new spindle housings , dealer says that the deck is bowed. I cannot find it. Has anyone had this problem? how did you fix it? how much is another deck. ---------------by the way my other mower has been in the shop for over 1 month for a no spark problem ---really good service huh!!

makes me want to buy a f%c&*ng SCAG

2. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

First of all If your mower has been in a shop for a month and not fixed, I would say you have a bad shop NOT a bad mower. No spark, there can only be a few things, unless its a short or something, but man in a month they should have been able to trace each and every wire, and swap out every part dealing with spark.

Second if you had a bowed deck you must had nailed something rather large. I would say they are lost and are just talking out their rear ends.

Check the deck leveling, start there, that may be all that is wrong.

Oh and find a new repair shop.

3. lawndude2004

lawndude2004 LawnSite Member

It's the Exmark dealership. the blade tips do not come close to matching. Employees could have hit something, but it still has new blades and spindle housings. the left blade is lower than the middle and the righ blade is hiher than the middle over a 1/4 of an inch. The middle blade measures correct from the blade tips to the deck. anymore help

4. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Did you have a bad experiance with the shop before this? Did you buy your mowers from the shop in question? If you have had probs with this shop previously and or have purchaced mowers from this shop. That would require a call or e-mail to ex mark to inform them of thier lowsey dealer network. I have seen lots of complaints about ex mark on this site recently and have no desire to look at any ex mark mower because of this.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

lawndude, check your private messages.

6. g4fixer

g4fixer LawnSite Member
    from MI

I had similiar problems after I had my spindles changed. They tried to tell me after I had my spindles changed that i must have hit something and twisted my deck. I told them they were wrong because the problem only started after they r&r'd the spindles. Come to find out they installed the spindles incorrectly, causing the uneven cut

7. fastpitcher

fastpitcher LawnSite Member
    from PA

Just a thought! I wonder if you could shim under the spindles to make the blades even. I know this would mean the pulleys would need some work too. Umm I just don't know if it would work or not.
    I also find it hard to believe that anyone could hit something hard enough to bend a deck? But I guess anything is possible.
    Rick

8. cashjm

cashjm LawnSite Member

I think on some of these decks the center spindle is a different length than the other two take them out your self and fix it your self.... If they can't fix a no spark problem you do need another dealer. Take the mower to a kid next door (the kid with the hood up all the time) I will bet he can fix it in under 3 hours. No spark is some thing most any one should be able to fix. Just my view but start with a new coil for no spark. good luck and go get you equipment asap.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Any progress so far?????

Have you taken this problem to the eXmark forum here?

Check your private messages again.