1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

eXmark Lazer HP 44"/17hp?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Mar 11, 2002.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Found a used eXmark Lazer HP 17hp with a 44" deck today. 1999 or newer. It's at a dealer and he said (on the phone, i didn't look at it) that the price tag is $2850. This isn't much more than a new 36" Metro. $2299 is what he said for a Metro 36". Would $2400 be a OK offer on the Lazer? Is this an ok model? I know reduced trim area on the deck but it should do fine for what i want and be perfect size otherwise, and good price I think. waddya think? Good/bad??? Do these have the same great cut like all other eXmarks and do they stripe good (this is important to me L0L)thanks,
  2. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have owned the eXmark 44/17 for over 2 years now. Beats ANY walk behind! I replaced a Toro belt drive wb with this mower. Unbelievable difference.

I wouldn't dream of selling mine for $2800...so I guess that means I think its a great deal. They are easy to service and the cut is great! No striping though, they don't make roller bars for anything under a 52".

Buy it, you won't regret it
  3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Guardian, I am glad to hear you say how much better it is than a Toro WB. I was going to get a Toro WB 36" Tbar actually this summer but while pricing he told me about this one. No warranty, but that won't change my mind, i can work on this stuff. Does it still stripe anyway even without a roller? can you post a pic of a lawn you cut with it pleez? thanks,
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't bet on getting it for less than the $2850. Thats a good price in my opinion. It will stripe fine.
  5. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

How many hours are on the machine?
  6. Do I hear $3,000?

Give the number, I'll pick it up Tuesday afternoon.
  7. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Go for it...
  8. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Hehe, don't-cha wish ya could LGF!!! Not sure if i'll get it yet. I agree, good price, but I don't have the money yet.
    Esby, I don't have any clue about the hours. It wasn't at this dealer but another in the chain and they didn't include the hours in the little report thingy about it.
  9. snow

snow Banned

Maybe it's just me, but i think you said you cut your lawn and a neighbors. One day you love your rear engine rider, now you want a $3k machine. I'm just wondering how you plan on paying the mower off if your one house you mow is a $20 job.

Maybe it's just me, but for two lawns i don't see a need to replace your riding mower.

10. In that case, email me the numbers.