1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Lazer HP 48" 19 kaw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dingo, Mar 3, 2000.

1. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

The one and only exmark dealer in my city has a demo model with 4hrs on it (just drove around parking lot). It is a lazer HP 48&quot; 19kaw and he said he would also throw in a mulching kit for $6,499. it is the 1999 model. Dont you think this is kinda high? I want to get my mower from a local dealer cause i cannot service it myself if needed. <br>and im pretty sure i cant talk him down.<br>Dingo
  2. Millertime34

Millertime34 LawnSite Member

Dingo, I bought a brand new 1999 model Lazer with a 52&quot; deck and a 23 hp Kohler last year for $6499. I know were in different parts of the country but the dealers should still receive the mowers at the same price. I'm not saying that you're being ripped off, just maybe shop around a little or mention this to the dealer. He'll tell you that you will get the service with him but I think that the service is only worth so much. Just something to think about. <p>----------<br>Bryan..Heartland Lawn Care<br>heartlandlawn@hotmail.com
  3. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

Yeah I pretty much figured i was getting the shaft. I have also been looking at the toro which is just about the same and a lot cheaper. What do yall think about a toro Z 44&quot; 17kaw $5,200?
  4. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

Dingo,<p>I just bought a 1999 Lazer Z 52&quot; 18 hp Kohler demo with 12 hours for $5800. Didn't think I got too bad of a deal. Would've liked more horsepower and a kaw like you have. Doesn't sound like you're getting too bad of a deal. Nice that you're getting the mulching kit with it. But I'd still shop around.
  5. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

The problem is there is no where else to shop around for exmarks.<br>Dingo
  6. Dingo wrote:<p>&gt;What do yall think about a toro Z 44&quot; 17kaw $5,200? <br> <br>I have a used 44&quot; Toro walk behind for sale<br>for $1400 it comes with a Toro bagging kit.<br>It has the original Toro drive tires so the<br>unit has less than 400 hours run time. The<br>engine also has a new carb with new recoil rope, ratachet, and spring. <p><br>
  7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

dingo--I don't have either the lazer hp or the toro z but I've been looking at the lazer Z. the price you are quoted is very near what I have been quoted for a new '99 W/O the mulcher. I don't think either are shaft prices. just the cost of doing business.<p>between the two models, lazer hp and the 44&quot; toro, I'd stick with the lazer. seems to me that a 48&quot; is the absolute minimum you need on a ZTR. of course, what you need depends on what kind of cuts that make up lions share of your buisness. good luck.<p>GEO
  8. Alpine Landsc Maint

Alpine Landsc Maint Guest

I plan on buying a mid mount this month. Can the guys that run the Exmark Z's tell me a little about the size of properties they mow and the deck size they prefer.<br>I would be servicing .25 acre up to 2 acre lots..Thanks ...
  9. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

TO Alpine,<br>I have a 60&quot; Lazer with 25 Kohler.<br>Our accounts are from 7,000 - 5 acres.<br>We will use the Lazer when at all possible.<br>It does a great job on smaller lots as well as large areas. I was thinking of geting a 52&quot;, but glad I went larger.<br>Smaller lots with either no gates or large enough gates can be mowed in 9 minutes. Larger areas about 20-30 per acre.
  10. snake1040

snake1040 LawnSite Member
    from fl

I just bought a toro Z 44&quot; 17hp kaw. for 5800 with about 4hrs on it. I love it, it cuts as smooth as a babies butt.