1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Lazer HP, Hustler, or Ferris which do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dalethebuilder, Sep 12, 2008.

1. dalethebuilder

dalethebuilder LawnSite Member

Again, I appreciate all the information you'all provide.
    I've narrowed down my choices to the Exmark Lazer HP 19hp Kawasaki 46"
    Triton deck, the Hustler 48" deck and 19 hp Kawasaki or the Ferris IS1500z
    with a 21hp Kawasaki and 48" deck. Anyone have experience with these machines? Prices are about the same except the Hustler is a little less expensive.
    It will be used residentially on about an acre.
    Thanks, Bob
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Without a doubt, get a Hustler. Best quality, easiest to work on, simple design. Exmark is overpriced and Ferris can be too complicated.
  3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i've got 4 exmarks and have had excellent service out of them. since 2003 i have had 1 to she shop 1 time for a electrical gremlin. they are all used commercially too.
  4. Jake

Jake LawnSite Member
    from Ia

I have three exmarks and love them. Never had them in the shop for anything major(just basic maintence). I use mine for commerical use.
  5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Definitely go with exmark. The cut quality will blow ferris and hustler away. Also they are built very well and last a long time.
  6. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

everybody's gonna tell you that the mower they own is the best mower out on the market. I would go and demo all three of those mowers and then you can make your descion from there. Just my 2 cents.
  7. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I second that:clapping:
  8. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

thank you. I have learned from this site that i really shouldn't ask opinions on mowers because most of the people on here are gonna say that the current mower(s) that they own are the best as if there are no other mowers being manufactured.
  9. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

exactly KCfireman, everyone has there own preferences, it is good to know what people think about certain machines, but ultimately it comes down to which one you feel best about, which one suits your needs, and also dealer support is something that should be considered
  10. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

Go ahead and test them. Of course I'm going to say Exmark, because I narrowed my choices down to Exmark, Bobcat, and Hustler. Exmark came out on top for me.

I just felt better with the Exmark, and with the Mulch deck on my TTHP, it gives a superb cut and all of my customers love what it does.

Some folks don't like the Triton deck. Check out the Ultra Cut or Trivantage.

Just test them.