Exmark Lazer HP Owners Help !

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, May 13, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I tested a Lazer HP w/48" deck and 18HP Kolher. I was cutting grass that was almost a foot tall, something my Walker MT-54 w/20HP Kolher would not even touch. My question is do you think I can save time with the 48" Exmark compared to my 54" SD Walker? I'm losing 6" of cutting width but gaining 4+mph. All advice will be greatly appreciated. I was very impressed with the Exmark and am seriously thinking of getting rid of my Walker and buying this Exmark Lazer HP. I just want to be sure I'm making the right move.
    Thanks,
    Mowman

2. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

If you buy the exmark will you sell the walker. If not then i would just keep the oneyou have if yes then i would try a lazer and you can always sell it if you dont like it. Why dont you go with a 52" lazer instead. I think they are both great cutting machines and it depends alot on the lawns you service. If they are small lots then stick with the walker but from what ive seen in ohio the lawns tend to be on the bigside so i would try a lazer for sure. My anser is it depends on the size of your lawns and how bad you want the mower.

Bedros

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Forget the 48". Get the 52". Its faster and bigger and you can get much more done with it. The 52" HP runs as fast as the full size lazers were the 44" and 48" don't.

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

IF YOU GET THE LAZER HAVE YOUR DEALER ADJUST IT TO THE 20 HP SETTING,
    I FOUND THE STOP THAT KOHLER PUT ON THE 18 HP TO RESTRICT IT.
    KINDA SILY IN MY OPINION