1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Lazer HP Recall

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if this is news to you guys, but there is a mandatory recall on affected Lazer HPs. I didn't see any mention of it here. They want to install new crossover tail pipe extentions due to fire hazard.

http://www.exmark.com/safetypop.htm

2. Well you are about 7 months late and $700 dollars short.

There must have been 20 threads on this recall, and most have done it already.

Did you get your free set of blades yet?

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry. I didn't remember seeing anything here and I just saw the notice on their web site (which I don't remember seeing either.) Maybe my memory isn't what it used to be? I even did a search under recall and didn't find it. I just didn't look back far enough (it's was on pg 5, I checked after your post). The recall doesn't apply to me. My Exmark is a WB.

4. That's ok dude just messin' with ya.

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

dont worry about the memory. its gonna happen to all of us ,sooner or later.
    in my case it works out to my benefit . [about some things] .
    :)

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

It makes the kawi much quieter to run. Only thing is, when the ultravac is on, I always throw my arm back to feel the bags. Guess where the pipe is now?