eXmark LaZer HP Steering Problem

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Potchkins, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

My future father-in-law is having some problems with the steering on his eXmark. He has an HP.. he says he thinks it's the bypass valve and his dealer has done everything but fix the initial problem but continue to charge him for services he didn't need. Who does he need to get in contact with at eXmark to report a customer service problem? If his problem doesn't get fixed eXmark might just lose a customer to Dixie Chopper...

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Potchkins,

I would recommend that he or anyone who is having a problem getting good service to contact us at 1-800-667-5296 and simply ask to speak to a customer service representative. We've got a great team up there and any one of them should be able to help.

Working with his dealer or another Exmark dealer they should be able to figure out what is going on and get him back up an running ASAP. It's just my opinion but I think most people including dealers more often than not try to do their best but every once in a while they can get stumped or misdiagnose a problem. When that happens I think we are as well staffed to help resolve the issue as any manufacturer.

Thanks

Terry

3. Potchkins

The only other eXmark dealer in this part of the state within driving distance is this dealer's dad and he has a store about half an hour from where my father-in-law lives. I don't know if he wants his mower serviced by him, either. Suggestions, Terry? Thanks...

4. eXmark

Potchkins,

You can't be talking about Chris?!?!?!?!?!? I've been there on more than one occasion and as a general rule the feedback we get from his customers is pretty darn good. I suspect that they may be stumped and it wouldn't be the first time. It would however be the first time they didn't call us ASAP when they had something they could not figure out. They are usually pretty quick to pick up the phone when this happens.

You send me a pm to terry.eckert@exmark.com with a description of the problem, the s/n of the machine, name of the customer and we'll do our part and I'm confident Chris will do his as well.

Thanks,

Terry

5. Potchkins

Yes, Chris. I didn't know you knew Chris. Anyway, he has taken his mower up there now I guess it's been... 5 times? and he knows what's wrong but Chris denies that's the problem... dad's getting fed up. You know how it goes. Anyway... thanks for the help, Terry. I'll handle it from here.

6. eXmark

Potchkis,

If nothing else have your dad call me and explain what's going on. Maybe we can figure it out here. We can also have one of our distributor reps of our factory rep stop by the next time they are in town if necessary.

Thanks,

Terry

7. Potchkins

Terry : My experance with Chris, Dennis, John, and James has been wonderful
    Amanda wrote you about this, her dad has
    had the problems with the steering
    last i heard thay had put one or both sterring shocks on, he was going the next day to pick it up from the dealer

i should know more this week
    i will p.m. you with my cell#
    James W.