1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark lazer hp vs scag wildcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, Jul 29, 2005.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

This site seems to be very pro exmark. I am a scag guy, but i am willing to take a look at exmark and from the websites, the lazer z hp seems to be the machine that compares to the wildcat and tiger cub. I am looking for 52 inch. Anyone have thoughts on this comparison? Do the exmarks make a better cut than the scag? Years ago, exmark was a cheap substitute for scag. That no longer seems to be the case. How do these machines compare. Thanks
  2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I have heard more people pleased with the Exmark cut than any other. But Scags are well built machines. I would test drive one and see if it was comfortable and how well you liked the controls, etc. Dealer service would still be the most important factor. Both are great machines.
  3. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

Well i tested a 19hp 48 tiger cub and a 23hp lazer hp and i must say i liked the exmark better. So now i need to find a wildcat. I think the wildcat will be a better test compared to the lazer hp. I havent looked at exmark in a long time and i must say, it was a nice machine. I have a scag bias, but i thought the lazer was better.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Compare apples to apples,exmark will not out cut a scag not to say it will cut beside it.
  5. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently compared Scag, Exmark, and Toro for a new Z. I went with Toro. To me dealer support has a lot to do with it. I have also had Toros for years.
  6. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

I just finished my 40 lawn route with my brandy new lazer hp 48 23 hp
    Cut quality is as good as exmark claims ... like a carpet... I'm still waiting for the ultra-vac... I have cut a few hours off of my 2 cut days... and I have to say I am much less fatigued... Using the 32" was a pain...

I paid about 8600 after tax....