Exmark Lazer HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Feb 10, 2005.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Went to my dealer yesterday to look at some prices for a new trailer and Scag Cougar. Ended up that I am most likely purchasing a Exmark Lazer Z Hp with the 23 kawaski and 48 ". The mower will have the 2 bag ultravac and stripe kit. He gave a price of 7400 all together. Just want to know if this price seems fair to you guys because I know alot of you guys use exmark and I am looking forward to purchasing it at the end of the month. Any thoughts and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

2. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

WOW, if that's $7400 for the mower, stripe kit and ultravac go right this minute and buy it. That sounds like an awesome price!!! It is new right??

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. Get off your butt and go get it right now!!!

4. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

The price is right is the deck? thats a lot of motor for a small deck. if the 48 is what you want i'd say your getting a good deal.

5. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

Great price....I paid $8800 for the HP back in the Spring of 2003. It was the 52/23 kawi w/ the UltraVac. I have since installed the stripping kit.

6. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

im pretty sure its with ultravac and it is brand new. I always try and get as much power as possible. Thats just the way I am and I feel that the 19hp is to small.

7. Redline

Redline LawnSite Member

That's a great price, I paid 6500 just for the Lazer HP with a 20 Kohler 48"

8. Property Pro

Property Pro LawnSite Member

i paid 8700.00 for a 48" hp with a 21 horse kawi and the ultravac system. just remember that they are going to charge tax.

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I highly doubt that price includes a striping roller and an ultravac.
    If however that is the price for the roller and ultravac with the HP, it would be one helluva deal.

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

If thats with the striping roller and Ultra-Vac, go jump on it now! I had to give $9200 for my Ferris Z 52" 23hp w/Fast-Vac (Ultravac look alike) BEFORE taxes.

As for those who say 23hp is more than you need on a 48", negative! If you were only discharging thats gobs of power. When you put a UltraVac on it, it will feel like less power. When you go up a hill with it, it will feel like barely enough. Mine does great, discharging it rarely lugs down even on hills. Bagging its fine, generally enough power, but when I operate the bagger on hillsides, 27hp would be more appropriate. I know your deck is a little smaller than mine but c'mon we're only talkin 4" not very much. Anyway, thats a sweet price if new and includes all that, go get it now! And post pics of it!
    good luck and enjoy the toy if you get it.
    Eric