exmark lazer & scag tiger cub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jamesmcdonald, May 4, 2004.

1. jamesmcdonald

jamesmcdonald LawnSite Member

I recently drove the 44 inch lazer ct and the 48 inch tiger cub around in the dealer's parking lots. I noticed that the lazer seemed to respond noticeably more abruptly to movement of the steering levers than did the cub which seemed much smoother. I also drove a lazer hp which demonstrated a similar response to lazer ct. My question "is this typical of exmarks and do they tend to smooth out with operating time?" I need to be able to mow/trim in tight areas and the smoother the operation of the machine the better.

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I imagine the controls break in like any other mower, providing a more controlled and relaxed feel.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Exmarks controls are Quicker to respond THUS easier to use.:eek:

John

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

jamesmcdonald,

Personally, I thought the eXmark was too jumpy also. I didn't think it made it easier to use. I mean it was responsive, but even being new to ZTR's I could tell it didn't operate anywhere near as smoothly as some other brands.

5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

The only difference is in the dampeners. Maybe Scag uses stiiffer ones. The pumps are the same.

6. John Gamba

from ct

If there stiffer they are hard on the arms. At the end of the day you will feel it:(
    John
    Envy why dont you try them for a day?

7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I haven't had problem with them bothering me on my hands or heard of anybody else. I was just pointing out why one may respond different than another machine. If exmarks are looser new what happens over time, due they become more touchy.

8. John Gamba

from ct

The biggest complaint scag has is fatigue when using the levers.
    Now have a nice summer, I have to go mow 8 acres.
    John

990-500.jpg

9. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm listening to you yahoos grouse about fatigue from pushing the levers on a zero. I'm using pistols on a belt-drive 36. Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze tell me you're kidding.

10. John Gamba

from ct

LOLOLOLOL Its true!!! The more you ride the softer you get:eek: LOLOLOL

John