Exmark Lazer Users -

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hossmp, Jun 20, 2007.

1. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

Hello Exmark guys, I am currently running a couple of ferris machines and a old bobcat as backup. I am looking to add a machine. The one Ferris is very large. I did alot of reading about lazers here on the site and I do agree the cut is great. My local dealer is fantastic I use them for my Scag walkbehind and snow equipment. I looked at the Lazer AS with 25 kawi for 8000 before negotiating. I liked the machine and read good things. One question how much are you guys paying to move that to the 28 kawi? Also does anyone have any experience with the Lazer XS series that features the liquid cooled motors. He had a 29kawi with a 60 inch deck there. I liked it but it looked really heavy. I already have a tank of a mower and wasnt sure if that would be one aswell. Any feedback on that option price aswell as the XS series would be fantastic.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

well i have a 07 lazer z 60 inch with the triton, has the 28kawi, and i love it, has more then enough power, cuts wonderfful, i paid 9,800 out the door for mine with a striping kit.

the mower is a heavy ass mower for sure, out weights my scag turf tiger for sure, but i have never had a problem with it being too heavy.
  3. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I am concearned with the weight of the XS with the 60 and the 29 h.p. kawi or the diesel only due to what the ferris 5000 with the cat does. I use that for a wide open area only in place of an old front deck john deere and it fits that purpose. I want something with a 60 inch deck that I can use in and around where people see not so much open fields. My Ferris 3000 is fine but I am not pleased with the dealer support at all and I am not even bothering giving the chance on a new machine. I love the ferris machines but the dealer has worn me out with parts and the lack of service. Every time I go there they have to order it and when you want to look at a new machine they never have anything in stock the showroom is always empty aside from some hand held stuff and a few redhawks they sell. I like the guys but I cant keep waiting on parts all the time. I am getting close to trying to move the 3000 and change to something that I can get good dealer support on and by 2 machines possibly.
  4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

You try these other dealers ?

13 MILES
    Grover's Lawnmower Service Inc.
    282 Chesterfield-Bordentown Rd
    Chesterfield, NJ 08515
    Phone: (609) 298-5495
    Get Map

13 MILES
    Lake Small Engine
    281A Cedar Grove Lane
    Somerset, NJ 08873
    Phone: (732) 873-9047
    Get Map

14 MILES
    Larson Services
    P. O. Box 452
    321 Tennent Road
    Morganville, NJ 07751
    Phone: (732) 591-5991
    Get Map

17 MILES
    County Line Hardware
    2275 W. County Line Rd
    Jackson, NJ 08527
    Phone: (732) 363-5566
    Get Map

18 MILES
    Marrazzo's Power Equipment
    1301 Yardley Rd
    Yardley, PA 19067
    Phone: (215) 295-6662
    Get Map
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Lazer AS, I love it, it has the Kolher 23 Hp.

but it rides rough..... I was wondering about the ferris machines....

but yes it does do a very nice job cutting..... I seem to be going through blades quite offten.... about 3 weeks is all I can get outta a set....

I sharpen them about every 3 to 4th day.....
  6. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

I just bought the Lazer AS, with 25 hp, 60" deck. I love it and have no complaints. The 25 hp gets the jobs that I do done in no time.
  7. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

Bought a Lazer AS this year with the 28hp Kawasaki. Everything about it is fantastic; except the fuel economy. I believe the engine upgrade was 300 bucks. Unless you just prefer Kawi over Kohler, stay with the 25hp Kohler. I bet it gets better gas mileage and 25hp is plenty of power. Spend your $300.00 elsewhere.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i chose the kawi over the kohler because my 1999 scag turf tiger with 2,500 hours on it has the 27hp kawi, and the machine doesn't burn, or leak a drop of oil, the oil level never moves, and it has been trouble free, no problems ever with the engine, so i'll stick with kawi.
  9. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

This is great stuff so far guys thanks and keep it coming. Does anyone have any input on the XS series?

Sammy, thanks for the list of dealers. I dont want to bash the one that I have had some trouble with on the site becuase they could be great for some of the other members. I think the guys are great but I truely fear they arent in it for the long haul. They are on the list you provided. I also tried one of the others that was there and wasnt pleased. If anyone is truely interested PM me and I will share the name of the dealers and more details. If I had a great experience I would definatly name the dealer. The one dealer that is selling Exmark and Scag and some of the other stuff that I currently use is Central Jersey Power Equip. These guys are fantastic and I am not a huge customer but they still treat me with respect and want the business.