Exmark lazer z 60 in or hustler super Z 60 in

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JLyons0025, Apr 4, 2008.

1. JLyons0025

JLyons0025 LawnSite Member

I am looking to either purchase an exmark lazer z or a husler super z. The hustler is about 700 dollars cheaper, but I know exmark is supposed to be the top of the line mower. Which one should I choose?

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I own several of both and would go with the Hustler any day of the week. They both give a great cut, but the Hustler is much faster (more production) and built better. The customer service I have recieved from Hustler is also unmatched.

3. JLyons0025

Which one do you think leaves a better stripe?

4. Metro Lawn

The Exmark stripes well on its own. I added a striping roller to my Super Zs and it works great and still way cheaper the the X. Here is a pic of Super Z stripes.

hszstripe.jpg

5. JLyons0025

wow.. thats a good lucking cut. thanks for your help. Do you think there is a difference in the Hustler Z60in and the Super Z as far as cut quality? I know the super z has a top speed of 15 mph compare to 9 mph and a bigger hydraulic system.

6. Metro Lawn

They use the same deck, so they should be the same. The Super Z has more features.

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Unless you have very high quality turf I couldn't get the XR7 to cut very well in the mix of grasses/weeds we have in Southern, Ky. Hustler helped all they could by sending triangle kits, lift kit etc, which lead to more problems. They have updated the deck since but no great changes. Great machines but the deck is not a good match for our turf. I spent several months comparing the cut side by side with a Lazer with the Ultra Cut. Took pictures of the cut difference and logged it all. The XR7 did good at 3" and lower and done OK in Bermuda but the Lazer always had the better cut especially above 3".The dealer said it (Hustler)cut better in central Ky grasses but admitted the grass here is totally different. So I guess you know my opinion.

The picture above looks great, some high quality turf but that's not what we are dealing with in most of KY.

8. Metro Lawn

I am including some pics of a vacant commercial property we cut. You can see in the first pics that it was from 3-6 feet tall before we ever mowed it. Most of which is weeds and field grass. The other pic is after a few cuts which are done every 3-4 weeks, cut at 4.5" and cut at full speed. I don't think it looks too bad for a weed field.

zstripe012.jpg

zstripe234.jpg

szstripes123.jpg

9. Macdiesiel

Macdiesiel LawnSite Member

Hey I got 2 60" lazers w/ 27hp and 2 72" 31hp Frontrunners . I have tried the hussy , I'll let somebody else buy them.Performance is just better in my book,plus all the belts are easy to get too when one breaks and any mower can break a belt.The frontrunners are sweet when it comes time to change the blades.Plus how fast can you go and still do a nice job.I be more worried about torge

10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Holy photoshop batman! Jesus man you tried your best to make that look good didnt you? Im not saying it doesnt look ok considering the conditions but lighten up on the photoshop!

[​IMG]