1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Lazer z 60"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robertbick, Jul 14, 2004.

1. robertbick

robertbick LawnSite Member

I am planning on buying a Lazer Z with the 60" deck and 27HP Kohler. I was told that the MSRP is $8,895. What do you guys think would be a fair price? I am thinking below $8,000. What have others paid for this? I live in the Albany, NY area. Anybody know of a dealer in this area that offers good prices?

Thanks for any help.

2. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

$8300 plus tax (about another $600) here.
  3. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Robert, hold the phone! I'm in Albany area too, where are you looking for that mower? Nice machine, but you can get a Ferris perhaps for better at Abele or a Dixie Chopper which is much faster
  4. robertbick

Hi chevyman. I'm actually in Broadalbin, just north of Amsterdam. My neighbor bought one last month and loves it. I took a quick look at it in Amsterdam (H&M Equipment) and if I remember it correctly they told me about $8700. The Exmark's 10mph is plenty fast enough for me. Part of my property is a bit bumpy, so I doubt I could cut it all at 10mph.

From the research I have done, I have pretty much decided on the Lazer, just want a decent price.

5. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

I was quoted a new 2004 Lazer Z with the 27Koh/60" for $7399 but that was with me picking it up. (I live about 30 miles from the dealer.)
  6. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

My dealer is selling them for about 7399 also
  7. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

Wow! Buy it! My dealer is selling the 60" with the 23 hp Kohler and smaller turf tires and std. air filter for $6999. I'd rather have the 27hp.
  8. robertbick

Thanks for all your help! If I could get one for $7399, I'd buy it today.

Anyone know a Dealer in Upstate NY, Vermont or Western Mass that would have a nice deal like that?

9. robertbick

Just went to my local dealer whom I know since the owner lives down the road from me. He gave me a price of $8250 for the 60" 27HP model. What do you guys think of this price?

Maybe I should ask him to throw in the custom-ride suspension seat kit & a mulching kit for this price?