Exmark Lazer Z Belt Issues

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tony1045, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Tony1045

Tony1045 LawnSite Member

Has anyone had a problem with the main deck drive belt on their Exmark Lazer-Z. I speaking specifically of the ZTR, 60" deck, 27Hp. Mine just popped off twice and finally damaged it the second time to where it had to be replaced. The problem is the mower only has 135 hours on it. :confused: Thanks Tony

2. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I had the same problem. It was eventually fixed under warranty. Sorry I dont remember what they did to fix it. Take it in.

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

4. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

I do not own an Exmark,but if you are throwing belts could it be that the pulleys are not aligned correctly? I just went thru this with two Scag w/b's. The pulleys were way out of alignment and just would not stay on the pulleys. I am only talking about 8 to 10 hours on the two machines.

5. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

I had a engine to deck belt break on a new xs about two weeks ago. It only had 12 hrs on it. The dealer warrantied it, put a new one on and I haven't had a problem yet. I still don't know if there is a recall on that though. Someone said something about it because the tension wasn't tight enough for high horsepower mowers. Keep me posted.

6. Tony1045

Tony1045 LawnSite Member

Well, just replaced the belt, checked the alignment, tension ect...everything seems OK. Guess the belt just got a little too stretched and came off. We'll see. I'm going to start carrying replacement belts on the truck for all my mowers. Thanks Tony