Exmark Lazer Z Deck Height Adjustment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robertbick, Jul 26, 2004.

1. robertbick

robertbick LawnSite Member

Can someone tell me how to adjust the deck height so the blade height matches the cutting height setting. On my Lazer Z, I set the deck height at the 2.5" setting and checked the blade height on a level concrete floor and they measure 3" from the floor.

It is a new mower. Maybe I should call the dealer? I'd just rather correct it myself if it is not too difficult.

Thanks.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Go cut some grass and mesure it. Then go from there. I think you will be ok.
    John

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Mine cuts about a quarter inch lower than what it says. I take it into consideration ahead of time, and not worry about it. After I changed the chains, this is where it ended up. I lose some height for transport and cutting real high, but it still works fine.

4. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

When I measure the cutting height on my exmark from a hard surface, it never matches what the owner's manual says it should, given the number of washers and the set of the deck on the wheels. On the other hand, I'm not worried about a quarter inch variance, either.

5. thegreenjeansman

thegreenjeansman LawnSite Member

mine is the same way but i just consider how far my wheels are push down into the grass in my small opinion the weight pulls the mower down atleast a quater of an inch,, what kind of grass you cutting ? i can't get any lower than 2.75 or 3 with sant augistine grass, 2.5 would bald the lawn pretty bad down here.

6. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Wow...that was a high tech answer.:eek:

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on the tire pressure settings you have or the dealer put in. Most eXmarks are very close with the correct tire pressure.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You can mesure all you want on concreat BUT!! you need to cut the grass to get as close as possible to what your mower is really cutting at. The blades suck up the grass something you cant figure in when you do it on concrete.
    So go cut the grass, measure it bring it to the concrete, adjust it and go cut again and see. EASY!!!!!
    John

9. robertbick

robertbick LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the answers guys. I appreciate your help.

Bob

10. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

got you owners manual????? try reading it