eXmark Lazer Z HP 46 inch 19 KAW

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProCutLawnCare&Landscape, Apr 2, 2008.

1. ProCutLawnCare&Landscape

ProCutLawnCare&Landscape LawnSite Member

Interested in buying this unit. Mostly residential accounts, not to be used as a collection unit. Could put a mulch kit on in the fall, not sure if we will.

Could anyone who owns one or knows about this mower please answer a few questions:

1) Is the 19hp Kawasaki strong enough for this deck size (46 inch Triton)?

2) Overall performance of machine (turfing, stripping, actual mowing speed)?

3) Would you recommend buying this mower?

* The 23hp motor is going to cost me about $1600.00 more right now with the promotions on the 19hp unit, so I am going to buy the 19 most likely to cut on cost.

Thanks for the help.

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I think the 19hp engine should be enough to run the mower without any problem. But if you are going to be mulching a lot with it (especially long grass or large amounts of leaves) I think it would be safer to go with the 23hp. The bigger engine will just allow the mower to handle bigger loads. These mowers have great cuts and striping ability. Some people have had issues or complaints about the triton deck just a FYI. Exmarks are great mowers. BTW where are you buying it, Kubota of west michigan?

3. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I was interested in getting the same mower on promotion for $6000.

4. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

that set up is exactely what i have, it works great. the striping is awesome and it doesnt really bog down. i think i have wheather alot like yours and it cuts wet grass well. i bagg my grass all the time. but i have an accelerator grass catcher. it does clog up periodically but no more than what others do when its wet