1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

eXmark Lazer Z HP 46 inch 19 KAW

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProCutLawnCare&Landscape, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ProCutLawnCare&Landscape

ProCutLawnCare&Landscape LawnSite Member

Interested in buying this unit. Mostly residential accounts, not to be used as a collection unit. Could put a mulch kit on in the fall, not sure if we will.

Could anyone who owns one or knows about this mower please answer a few questions:

1) Is the 19hp Kawasaki strong enough for this deck size (46 inch Triton)?

2) Overall performance of machine (turfing, stripping, actual mowing speed)?

3) Would you recommend buying this mower?

* The 23hp motor is going to cost me about $1600.00 more right now with the promotions on the 19hp unit, so I am going to buy the 19 most likely to cut on cost.

Thanks for the help.
  2. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Well, I have the lazer hp in 48/20 and it works excellent for residentials and small to medium sized commercials. The speed is really good to me. I wish I had taken some pics of yards this year as for striping. Leaves an ecellent cut, even mowing down grass that has gotten a little too long. I have only put 70 hours on it so far but never once had any bogging. Plenty of power for a mid sized 48". I would definately recommend the 48" exmark if your looking for a ztr for residentials/small commercials. Wish I would have bought one alot longer ago.
  3. sdemartino

sdemartino LawnSite Member

DoetschOutdoor, what year HP do you have? Are you running the Triton deck or Trivantage deck?
  4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

The 19 kawi should have plenty of power, but if you are looking at putting the bagging system on there I would suggest going up to the 23. Exmarks have a great reputation for leaving fantastic cuts. Exmarks are great machines that are built well and built to last. Good Luck.
  5. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

2005 model with the trivantage deck. I knew nothing about decks when I bought this mower new from my dealer last year but Im kinda glad I got this and not the triton from all the mixed reviews. 80 hours on it so far and besides a stupid belt issue, I love the mower.
  6. sdemartino

sdemartino LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a 2008 HP 23hp with the 52" trivantage deck. I can't see spending another $1,000 for a 50" triton deck. Don't see the advantage. $1k more for 2" smaller deck...don't quite understand Exmark's pricing model.
  7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I like power but 46" is not a very wide deck. I would stay with the Kaw in this instance, especially if an upgrade in power would cost that much.
  8. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Ive got a 19/46 06 model
    I think it has about 450 hours or so
    Havent had any problems other than a leaking seal on one of the pumps(covered under warrenty)
    Has enough power but I dont use it to bag or mulch
    Used it a lot last year
    bought an older 31/60 to carry the load this year
    Still use the 19/46 on the smaller yards/tight places and when Ive got a lot Ill get somebody to ride one while I ride the other
    It will go thru a 48 in opening which cuts down on the weedeating vs the 60

T LAWNWORK LawnSite Member

Just Got An Exmark 46/19 And I Love It
  10. Country

Country LawnSite Member

Procut, what did you end up doing?
    I just bought the same 19/46 yesterday and love it so far. I too was worried about it being underpowered, but cut some tall, wet grass yesterday and it powered right through it. My dealer was right, plenty of power! Can't wait to use it again!