eXmark Lazer Z HP 46 inch 19 KAW

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProCutLawnCare&Landscape, Apr 9, 2008.

1. ProCutLawnCare&Landscape

ProCutLawnCare&Landscape LawnSite Member

Interested in buying this unit. Mostly residential accounts, not to be used as a collection unit. Could put a mulch kit on in the fall, not sure if we will.

Could anyone who owns one or knows about this mower please answer a few questions:

1) Is the 19hp Kawasaki strong enough for this deck size (46 inch Triton)?

2) Overall performance of machine (turfing, stripping, actual mowing speed)?

3) Would you recommend buying this mower?

* The 23hp motor is going to cost me about $1600.00 more right now with the promotions on the 19hp unit, so I am going to buy the 19 most likely to cut on cost.

Thanks for the help.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Went and looked at a simular one this weekend "used"

he "the seller" wouldn't meet me he made sure only his wife showed the mower...

when I got there it was on a trailer, NOT connected to a truck.

I started the machine up and the pumps were SCREAMING.....

I killed it, Checked and the pumps were dry.

Informed her I would get it off the trailer But this is NOT my machine, she said Ok.

I unloaded it turned it around in fromy of the trailer, killed it then noticed there was a pool of motor oil under it...

they swore it was a year old.....?

maybe it was just this one.... But I'm convinsed to stay away.....

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

It should have adequate power for normal conditions. Demo it and see how you like the Triton cut. I had a 20 hp 52" grasshopper and it had enough power most of the time but had trouble in thick Spring growth.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i have about 60 hours on mine! i love it! great cut, handles thick wet grass very well. the mulching works great. no globs of wet grass.

5. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

I have the 23/46. I think it is a great mower. 19 should be fine under regular mowing conditions. It may bog with extremely heavy overgrowth or bagging/mulching wet fescue but should do well. I have no complaints with the Triton. I have run baggers and mulch kits. Love the mulch kit with the wavy blades.

6. ProCutLawnCare&Landscape

Thanks everyone, I should be buying one here in the next few weeks, just seems like a perfect smaller sized deck.

7. hgreer

hgreer LawnSite Member

:weightlifter:
    i have the 19/46 great machine sips fuel gets the job done and small enough to get in tight places, also great price and cut

8. ProCutLawnCare&Landscape

not so good on fuel, or just saying it sucks fuel like any other mower?

9. ProCutLawnCare&Landscape

We have done a considerable amount of research on this unit, sounds like a great machine. Thanks for all the comments and feel free to post more. I am gonna go ahead and say that this mower is one of the best, if not the best small deck mid mount mower on the market. The crew is going to love having this on the trailer.

10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I wouldnt own a triton decked mower even if you gave it to me. Not after my dealer was up front with me and told me outright to stay away from the triton deck because of cut quality issues plus all the bad reports on here over the last year or two. If you want a solid mower that cuts good in all conditions, is built well and is normaly sold at a reasonable price then look at Gravely. If I were in your shoes I would be picking up a gravely 148Z. The X-Factor mower deck on the gravely mowers is second to none.