Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, May 3, 2005.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Is a Exmark Lazer HP a good mower. And is the price right on one. Or should i go with a bigger mower ? Is it good mower to do alot of commercial mowing?
  2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Your name says it all. Get a Toro! :)
  3. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

eXmark is Toro and Toro is eXmark, one in the same.
    Look at the John Deere Z-Traks, ssswwweeettt!!!
  4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I have read many reports and many say that the toro frame is a little more rigid than exmark. The new turbo force deck is sssssaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwweeeeeeeeettttttt! :)

Can't go wrong with either though...
  5. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I'm not an expert, but I really don't think Exmark and Toro are exactly the same. There are some differences.
    If I had to do it all over again, I would demo both before I bought. But I bought an Exmark and am very happy with it. I only have 300 hours on it but it really hasn't had any problems.
  6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

my 2000 model 52" HP has given 1025 trouble free hours. 23 kawi on it.
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

No, they are not.
    The HP's are great machines, it depends on what type of properties it will get used on, wether it's the right machine or not is a question only you can answer by knowing what it will be used for.
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The eXmark HP's are one of the most versatile machines on the market. They have the best hill holding ability of any eXmark. They have the speed of larger units with the manuverability in tight places of a w/b.

In larger 60"+ demo both. In the 44"-52" catagory, the HP eXmark can't be beat.

eXmark is owned by Toro but they ARE NOT the same. Some parts are the same, but there are differences. Its amazing how many people assume they know the real story because one owns the other. They are competing companies.
  9. Dupontcar

Dupontcar LawnSite Member

No offense, but these types of vague questions will inevitably get you a lot of Exmark is best, John Deere is best type of responses from everyone. There is really not enough info given for anyone to give you some rel good advice. I have an Exmark Lazer Z HP with a 52" deck and 23 KAw and love it. I cannot imagine you would not be impressed with this mower. It is very capable of lots of commercial use. Good luck with your search.
  10. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

I use my 52" HP on my commercial properties. It all depends on what you've got. If you're planning on side discharging and have plenty of open land, go w/ a bigger unit. Suggestion would be the the full size Lazer EPS. We have one and love it. Neither unit is cheap by any means, but you'll get your money's worth. Good luck.