1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Lazer Z HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, Mar 30, 2007.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, yes, I AM asking about a non-Dixon mower :( :cry: . Anyway... I kinda am thinking that I want a 46" or 50" Lazer Z HP. Anyone have one of the 46 or 50s? How do you like them? Any problems with them? Also, can you put the 2 bag catcher on it? There site says just three, and that would make the catcher easily as wide, if not wider then the mower, and I dont see that as being good. My dealer is having their open house tomorrow, and I am gonna try and set up a demo to see how I like it.
  2. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Buy an Exmark and you will never go back! Not sure about the catcher though. Don't use them here in central florida.
  3. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

eXmark is VERY high quality, you will love it. I have the 52'' tri-vantige deck, but the 50'' or 48'' Triton is a better deck. You will notice a HUGE difference in the deck from a Dixon, I tried one, and it has very little vacuum in the deck. Between the deep-dish deck and an Ultra-vac bagger on a Laze Z you will LOVE it.
  4. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52" lazer HP and it is a good mower. Very comfortable, pretty good cut, good easy bagging system. It is head and shoulders above my Scag SSZ. I have heard lots of good things about the Hustler. I'd give them a look too.
  5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't forget about bobcat!
  6. lawntimenosee

lawntimenosee LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52" HP with the ultra vac system and it is the 2 bagger .. not sure about the new models though.. before only the 60"+ had the 3 bagger system.
  7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Oh no, I thought you were a Dixon man through and through !!
  8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Well, yea, just looking at possible other options. Pretty sure I will be sticking with Dixon though. I am kinda wanting to sell mine, then buy a 5023 from a friend, and also buy a Cub Cadet 33 inch walkbehind for backyards. That would be the best thing for me to do at this point, I think...

Main reason I am even doing anything is I need more variation in height settings.
  9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

IMHO based on actual experience Exmark is hands down the best mower I have used.
    Ferris makes a good mower too.
    Scag was junk....so was the John Deere.

Havent used a walker, hustler so won't comment.
  10. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Exmark has more adjustment up or down than you will ever need.