Exmark Lazer Z Hydro Sluggish!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by aries, Apr 30, 2005.

1. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Any of you guy's experience any sluggish response on you lazer z the machine is 3 years old brand new motor last season 48" cut with vac setup, it just seems like it doesn;t have the speed it did? any suggestion's.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Buy a tach/hourmeter.

Make sure your free load RPM's are at least 3750, if not adjust.

48" cut means you have a Lazer HP, I'm not that familiar with the HP's but make sure you keep your hydro pump belt idler greased, and that the belt is in good shape.

Also check to make sure your hydro pump relief valves are fully closed tight.

3. mike76

mike76 LawnSite Member

TLS is right the tension arm on the hp is known to freeze up or git stiff. Pick up the machine and check to see if the arm moves freely. If not then there is a coller and two bushings that need to be replaced. If the arm is of you might want to change the hydro filter if you haven't lately, but remember to bleed the hydro system if you do change it or let you local shop do it. If this doesn't you may need to get pumps checked to see if there putting out the proper pressure. Hope this helps.

4. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Thank's TLS & Mike these machines came to me with a deal I bought out some ones truck's and equipment so I am not to familiar with them, I did put a new throttle cable on last week and that made it alot better but I think it could be alittle better I will check the pulley's and belt too! Thank's again.

Joe

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Make sure your getting FULL rpm's though. Thats one of the most important aspects of a good cut.