Exmark Lazer Z Mower 27 Air Cooled Kohler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SherrillsfordLS, Jun 6, 2004.

1. SherrillsfordLS

SherrillsfordLS LawnSite Member

Bought a new Exmark Mower Lazer Z 27hp Kohler today. I've been using Gravely Mowers the Promaster 300 front decks. I've never owned a Z mower. Used it today on 4 accounts and I really do like this mower. The quality of cut is great compared to my Gravely mowers. I bought the stripping roller for my new mower and it stripes great. I just wondering if I got a good deal on the price from my dealer. I payed $7995.00 plus tax.

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

nah, you got a GREAT deal! does it have a mulch kit or are you side discharging?

ps, update your sig with it! what size deck? 60?

3. SherrillsfordLS

It has a 60" deck and I'm side discharging. Hoping soon to get Masterchute mounting on my discharging chute.

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i think you will be happy, the mulch kit (each blade is in it's own chamber vs blocking the discharge chute) is really awesome too.

5. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

???Superior?? good dealer. Exmark great mower. You will be happy. PM me with your name , I might see you out there some day.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I was wondering if that was the dealer also. I went all the way down to see those guys a while back about Exmark and Walker. I had a closer Exmark dealer. But the don't move any, so what little stock they have is ancient.

As for the price, that sounds OK. This dealer wants more than that for his ancient 25hp 60" which might just be why it's still there.

7. WAGS LandL

WAGS LandL LawnSite Member

That is an unbelievable price. I have the same mower, 27hp lc
    60" deck, and paid a fair amount more than that.
    You will love that mower.

8. SherrillsfordLS

Yes the dealer was Superior in Denver North Carolina. What I like best about the Exmark is how easy everything is to get to inorder to do basic maintenance changing oil and belts. I think the Gravely's are little more difficult.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, where I was talking about, over in Mt. View they people are really great. But if you are familiar with them, I'm sure you know you probably did better going with Superior.

Gravely??? You haven't been snooping around over a Johnny Shuberts have you? It's not quite the same over there since Junior left to go on his own and open 321 Mower Sales. He is new and small caliber (average for the area) but he has some nice products if you are ever in the market for them. Ferris, Country Clipper and Red Max.

10. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

you did real good on that mower i think i sold one that cheap on my demo days back in march if you ever get over in TN. look me up
    in johnson city i sell a lot of exmarks nothing old on my floor everything is 04. i dont like to pay intrest on them so when my floorplan is allmost up i have a I DONT LIKE TO PAY INTREST SALE
    lol. comeing in sept.
    john wilson chuck masson equipment sales
    johnson city tn.