Exmark Lazer Z Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIMAINTAINCE, Sep 7, 2003.

MIMAINTAINCE LawnSite Member

Hi all I am new to this site and would like to say what a great tool to lawncare companies everywhere. I have a price question on a mower. This local guy is selling a 1998 Lazer Z 60" 25 HP Kohler with 1250 Hours. He just put a new electric clutch on the engine.
    The mower is in good shape other than it is missing a deck belt cover on the right side and the edges of the back rims are bent a bit. I drove and cut w/ it as well as my brother and we both liked it. What is it worth? This would be our first commercial rider. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.
  2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

4500 to 5800
  3. Rob T

Rob T LawnSite Member

Your best bet would be to ask your local dealer. Most any dealer can give you a estimated value from their book. It's like the Kelly Bluebook for used mowers.

I would pay somewhere from $3000 to $4500.

MIMAINTAINCE LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info guys really appreciate it. The one other thing I forgot to say was the left side of the deck and left rear rim showed more wear than I was expecting. I am just worried of the possibility of the hydro pump motor being damaged? Is that a usual problem on bent up rims? Thanks again
  5. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

I would say its worth 10,000. to 15,000. You should offer him $8,000. and not a penny more. Hope this helps HOR HAY! Now get off lawnsite and get back to work. HA HA . J/J Id only pay $3500 . good luck.

Your Boss, Mr. Heavenly
  6. hustler1

hustler1 LawnSite Member

I just bought a new hustler z with a 52 inch deck and honda 24 horse motor at the dealer in New Baltimore for $6800. I saw that same ad you're talking about ....no comparison to this new unit. The hustler came with the hydraulic seat for that price too...and its got a separate fan for a cooler for the hydraulics. He's too high on that unit......
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Over 1000 hrs. on it,.... around 3000. You can figure between 5 and 10 bucks for every hour on it. If it has some bent up parts on it, it's been rode hard, and probably put away wet.
  8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with Runner on this one. It is a SIX year old MOWER. That cost maybe $7500 back then. A LOT of improvements were made between then and the current models. I'd be suspicious of the low hours for as beat up as you say it is. That was also a bad era for 25 Kohlers. Check the serial # plate to make sure it is or is not an original '98 engine.

Max I'd tell you to give is $2500

There are MUCH nicer machines out there that are a few years old with that many hours. The used market for ZTR's starts around $4500 (for real nice) and drops from there.

Good Luck
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with Runner and TLS. That mower probably wasn't even $7k back then. That many hours and its been worked pretty hard. $2500 to $3000 sounds more than fair.