Exmark lazer z spindle assembly serial: 129,000

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Billsz28, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Billsz28

Billsz28 LawnSite Member

I have been on the phone with both stens and JThomas (large parts suppliers) and cannot find a complete spindle assembly for serial numbers under 150,000. I can find all of the internal parts minus the housing which is what I really need

You guys have any experience with finding this part? Or maybe know someone willing to sell a broken spindle assembly, as long as the HOUSING IS INTACT. Thanks

I mean it is available through exmark but the pricetag is absurd, something like $350 +
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. BKTP

BKTP LawnSite Member

I busted a spindle on a lazer Z and found complete spindles ar agri supply
    http://mower-blades.agrisupply.com/search#w=exmark &asug=
    for $73 @ china bearings but the hub is fine and you can put decent bearings in it when you change them. :)

I think all the hubs are the same unit, the shaft is the difference between the different decks.

3. Billsz28

Billsz28 LawnSite Member

Thanks but no luck with that site. There are larger differences than just the shaft. I'll post the oem part number for the assembly tomorrow
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark doesn't even list a 129,000 on their site ?

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a 1996 serial #. The part # is eXmark 1-414315 (replaces 1-513186). $86.77 from partstree.com

6. Billsz28

Billsz28 LawnSite Member

Ok I'm at the shop now. The exact serial number on this lazer z 60" is 125,806. The spindles on the deck were made for only a few machines with serial numbers 102,000-130,000 says exmark. The oem part number for the complete cutter housing is 1-634-242 and I can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price.

At this point I'll be lucky to just find a housing. What a headache.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

First I've heard of some special cutter housing. I have no problems getting them for my Lazer Z with a serial of 114,000.