EXMARK lazer Z vs. HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Navig8r, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I was at an Exmark dealer today (actually there to look at a blower) and he tells me that Exmark has a financing incentive right now (through Sheffield) for NO payments or interest until April 2003 !!
    I've been figurin' on buying a ZTR in the spring anyway, so I think I may do that now.

My Question is This:

Does anyone have any opinions on the Lazer Z HP ??

I think w/the 52" deck, this would be my best investment (for the $$) as opposed to the $1200.00 or so more for a 60" Z.....

Any Thoughts ?????

Thanks in advance
    :)

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Intrest starts calculating NOW! Make sure your ready to pay it off in APRIL, or else you get hammered with intrest from now till then!

What do you need, a 60" or a 52"?

Don't let price dictate what you need or want. This is a money making tool, an investment. Buy what you need, not what you "think" you can afford!

3. jaredslawncare

jaredslawncare LawnSite Member

I beg to differ, I recently bought an Hp and I got the April 03 plan and its no interest no payments same as chas til apr. 03'-Although i just got it back from the dealer today becuase it was burning a little rich and they told me there is nothing wrong, so i said "well then why the h*** is the plugs black as black can be, its only got 14hrs on it". O well i suppose ill look at it tommrow. I had a day and a half of downtime with only 1 mower, tommrows gonna be bad.

Jared's Lawn Maintenance

A lot more for a lot less

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Usually I've seen the 52" HP for the same price or more than a 60" Lazer.

I love the HP. Its a workhorse. The 52" has the same speed as the full size lazer, but a smaller footprint to get into those tight areas. The low center of gravity makes it very good on hills. The 52" HP is the best of both worlds.

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i love the hp also . just think ,when it grows up ,itll be a full grown lazer.:D :D :D

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Is that when I...I mean it, gets as old as you...I mean yours, it will be full grown? :blush: :D
    :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

7. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks so Far !!!!!

The dealer DID say "Same as cash" 'till April 2003 !!!! :eek:

That's what grabbed my attention...

I personally feel that the 52" would be adequate for my needs... most properties in my area are over 1/2 acre, but not wide open (trees, gardens, sheds, etc...) But experience can be a cruel teacher and that's why I'm looking for opinions.... I plan on demo'ing the HP Next week (Dealer will have one then) I have run a Turf Tiger, 60", an I must say it's a nice BIG machine, but I think the HP might be more versatile........

Thanks again !!!

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

this thing gets as old as me.
    i wont be worring about it either way:)
    wish i knew it would last that long.
    wouldnt have to have a new mower fund.

9. jbell

jbell LawnSite Member

I agree w/ the hoss. I have the HP 52 with a 23 horse Kohler.

Runs fast.
    Great on hills.
    Small footprint makes it highly maneuverable.
    Also, same rugged construction as full size lazers.

Either one will be a great mower. If you cut alot of open spaces spring for the 60. If you cut in tighter spaces or residential yards, the HP is tough to beat.