1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Lazer Z vs. Lazer Z A/S

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bob's Services LLC, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Bob's Services LLC

Bob's Services LLC LawnSite Member

I've been comparing the two and the main difference I've seen is the cutting deck. From what I've read on here the Ultra Deck might even be better than the Triton? At my local dealer the A/S is quite a bit less expensive with mostly the same stuff, 28 Kawasaki on both. Let me know what you think!!

Any comments on a Cub Cadet Tank ???

2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

it's just a cheaper version. the bells and whistles are not there hence the lower price, but you can add what you need to make it work. i think the deck lift assist, cup holder, HD air filter is whats different, along with smaller tires all around.
  3. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

the lazer as has the same rear tires, smaller fronts. It now comes with the deck lift. Ultacut deck. the lazer Z has larger front tires which are semi pneumatic. triton deck. for the drive system the lazer as only has one shaft mounted cooling fan on one pump. For the lazer z there are shaft mounted cooling fans on both. Thats the only difference. ohhh and the lazer as only goes 9mpg where the lazer z goes 10mpg. Now thats all i am aware of when it comes to side by side, but please keep in mind that the decks for the lazer z come in 60-66-72 and for the as its either a 60 or 72 which for me a 72 is underpowered with a 28 kawi. hope this helps and just a heads up i was going to get a lazer z but just bought the lazer as, its a great buy.
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

The AS is a bargain that gives up very little over a regular Z.