Exmark Lazer Z XS HELP needed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AFD, Feb 11, 2007.

1. AFD

AFD LawnSite Member

I was looking at buying a new Lazer Z XS. For 07 the motor choices has changed. They offer a 29hp dfi Kawasaki, 35hp Vanguard, and the diesel is a 25 hp Kubota. I was interested in a 66" deck. Does anyone have any input on these mowers. I was wondring about power and fuel/gas consumption per hour. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

35Hp 66" deck:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :cool2: :cool2:

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

The 35hp Vanguard would be my only option from the group. Maybe the diesel, but possibly not enough power and quite a bit more money. I don't know hard numbers, but I do know the 31hp Vanguard on a 60" XS that I've run goes through about one tank, or 7.75 gallons in roughly 5-6 hours of cutting. That's around 1.3-1.55 gph, which isn't terribly bad considering they have a reputation of being gas hogs. So I would assume the 35hp Vanguard would be slightly worse efficiency.

4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

If you need a efficient machine, may not be the most powerful, but reliable and gets the job done I would say the 25hp diesel is the most efficient if you have the application for it. If not get a 35hp BEAST and be happy.lol

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Exmark had good reviews with the briggs 31. My dealer said they did very little warranty work on them. Now that they went with the 35 hp for 07 I think they will be a good combo with exmark. Diesel would be my second option. If you dont have any other diesel equipment on your mowing trailer or truck then 35 hp gas is the way to go.

6. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

"The 25 HP diesel not enough power?" :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

It has more torque than any of the choices by far.

As far as fuel consumption, it literally sips fuel - not guzzle it like the gas engines. :usflag:

7. John Gamba

from ct

Look at your Pm's

8. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

The XS mower is unreal. You will love it.

Now as far as the engines go, the Kubota is proven, but expensive up front.

The dfi liquid cooled kawasaki is also a nice motor. With the DFI, you get pretty good fuel consumption, and the torque, throttle response is better then carbed. I don't think I would let the fact that it's 29 hp scare you.

The Vanguard is nice as well. The 31 hp has been proven, but i'm not up to snuff on the 35 yet.

All 3 would work fine for you.

9. John Gamba

from ct

The reports on the 35Hp Briggs on the turf tiger have been good.