exmark lazer z XS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmanvt, Apr 12, 2005.

1. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I tried to do some searches trying to find some actual field reports on the new xs. I can find plenty of people that can tell me the specs and that its supposed to be awseome but didn't find anybody who actually has some good seat time on one. I figured since some of you are starting out already down south (or never stopped) mowing and might have some hands-on, none dealer sponsered feedback. I am contemplating buying a pair of them for the upcoming season. Also, to give a little background, I am currently running bunton zero turns, a 25hp 61" and a 26 hp efi 61" if anyone has ever operated both a comparison would be great. Thanks.

2. grassmanvt

Anyone???Hellooooo.?.....?anyone out there? Someone had to have bought one.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I tried the xs last year, its powerfull, fast and rides better because it longer.
    See if you can demo one.
    John

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

We have one but haven't spent much time with it yet, it's new for this year.

Great machine, but not necessary unless getting a 72" deck.

5. grassmanvt

thanks for the replies, so ,sounds like no one has had some good seat time yet though. Nothing to cut around here yet, it will be a couple weeks before we have anything to demo one on. I guess I could try to take one for a spin on the blacktop. Anymore feedback will be greatly appreciated.

6. John Gamba

from ct

Exmark has a lot of seat time on this mower. They let a hand full out last year, I think this one is a winner. here in the north east its nice to have a 60" with a 31HP. Theres nothing like power to spare.
    John

7. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

This machine is unreal. Doesn't back down from much. It is faster, very smooth, and comfortable. There have been some in the field for almost a year now. It is on the XP (diesel) frame, so it is beefed up well. There weren't any corners cut when putting this machine together.

8. grassmanvt

keep the responses coming. Looks like you guys have only good to say about it so far. Here's another question, Pricing around here seems to be around 10 to 10400 unless I buy three and get a fleet discount which I am considering. I don't want to shop around, I would like to do business with the closest dealer but want to make sure his prices are inline. Oh, about the fleet deal, he tells me if I buy three of these units I can take 15% of the 10400 price per unit. That's really got me thinking.

9. John Gamba

from ct

I'm hearing 10 flat for one mower. I do think if you take one out You will not give it back :waving:

John

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I will stake a claim on being the most horsepower hungry member of the bunch here. I'm a dedicated mulcher. It's also no secret that I am the biggest Briggs fan on this site....

However, it's is just TOO MUCH money to put in any GAS powered mower, period.
    At current price levels, there is just no justifying the price tag of this mower.

I know the XP frame costs a little more, and I know Briggs puts a healthy price tag on these new big blocks. But all that means nothing really. Not when the cost is up there with diesels. It's not a justifiable or smart purchase in my opinion, nomatter how you twist it.