Exmark lazer z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMowerKing10, Dec 10, 2006.

1. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking about buying a new exmark lazer z with an ez chute , 66 inch deck . does this mower do well in wet, thick grass ? does it mulch, discharge well?

2. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

i have an Exmark XS model with the 66 inch triton deck. i also have a 46 inch triton deck and have discharged grass with this one. the spread is big... especially with the chute open all the way on the triton. i never tried side discharging with my 66 because some of my accounts require me to mulch but from what i see.... the spread is really big. i've put both mowers in all conditions and have had absolutely NO CAKEING under my deck on either machine. this is all mulching also. speaking of mulching.... i have no complaints on the mulching capabilities of the 66 inch. in all honesty.... while i still love the mulch of the triton deck... it still isnt as good as the Ultracut deck because the blade tip speed is slower than the Ultracut decks. if you get a 2006 model there is an upgrade kit for a faster blade tip speed or you can get a 2007 model with all the upgrades already on it. i'm going to put the upgrade on my 46 inch but i'm satisfied with my 66.

3. LawnMowerKing10

I saw this company field testing a exmark lazer z and it was in thick ,tall, tall fescue grass STUNK so i dont know

4. LawnMowerKing10

sry I mean exmark was field testing the mowers. But one day i saw this contractor at an old prison site with a lazer z and it blew through it really well .

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Mine does great but I have the Ultra Cut deck. The new (07) Exmarks with the Triton deck is suppose to do well in the damp grass. John Deere and Scag seem to do the best in wet stuff but its the rest of the mower that I'm not so crazy about. Exmark is #1 for some reason.

6. LawnMowerKing10

I agree with tacoma200 it probally didnt have an ultracut deck, last lots of other guys dolnt have the ultra cut deck and the mower does fine?

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

They are making some major improvements to the Triton deck for 07 so they should be a better deck than 06. Nothing takes the place of a demo when your deciding on a new mower. Believe me I found out the hard way.