1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Lazer Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by imalandscper, Feb 18, 2003.

1. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

I found a 2 year old exmark lazer z 60in deck with the liquid cooled 23hp kawi on it. it was a demo unit and has 40 hours on it. They are asking 6500.......would you guys pay? Also has anyone ever used a ztr for cutting big fields? I was thinking on buying that z just for rough cutting but being a finish cut mower i am wondering how is is gonna perform.. any tips will help!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance............

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

GET IT AND RUN. That's a great deal.
  3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you know?
  4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Because that's the only kind that anyone has talked about. I also checked the prices and they were around $8000-10000. :rolleyes:
  5. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

Do you get a new warranty?

If not, that doesn't seem like a real bargain to me.

Even with only 40 hours if it is really 2 years old.

Check prices on a similar new unit, it might not be that much higher.

Don't just jump on it because the dealer tells you it is a good deal, do your homework!
  6. imalandscper

This mower would just be for mowing stuff that i would not put my everyday mowers on. So i am not worried about much...for the motor and the deck size and the minimal hours on it i think it might be a good deal. I put 10 of the 40 on it last season. The guy who has it I have a very good relationship with and used to deal with them and this is what he has left over....

He got out of dealing cause he could not sell them!

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Should you need service work in the future, where will you have to go?

It seems like a good deal but the little extras like service, loaners, parts availibility are the things you don't think about until the mower is down. Then you get into a tight situation. These things do break from time to time.

If you have a service deal then its still a consideration. Remember that this mower might have been started, run to the curb, left in the sun all day, started and driven back to the garage for 2 years. On top of that if it was mowed with as a loaner then I wouldn't even think about it. That is a personal opion only but I don't want a mower that 20 people used but didn't like enough to buy. Not sayin its bad but this is me.
  8. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like a lot of money to pay for a mower that you aren't putting your "everyday" mowers on. This should be as good a mower as any you have, I would think. If I were buying a backup or "junk" mower, I wouldn't be paying close to a new price.

Just my opinion for what it is worth.
  9. imalandscper

Very good points bruce. It did sound like that i would be buying it for junk but now that i think about it it porbably would turn into everyday use after a while. I have a chance to bid on 20 acres of rough cut and i am thinking the exmark would be a multipurpose tool. The mower is in very good condition and i can have service done very easily. About a back up mower this would put me at five mowers so i have the machines incase on goes down. I am just thinking ahead to the future since it is a good price. And i think i can talk him down to 6000 or even 5500. At that it would be a steal...he just wants to get out from under having the machine there.

10. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

A mower that has 40hrs on it and 10 of those were from myself running the machine, and it would serve my purpose on a job that I could profit from....I wouldn't even hesitate a minute. You would save some $$$ make some $$$ and if you didn't need it after a season or two, you could get most of your $$$ back.

If you already own some of that product model, you would also be ahead on normal wear parts and maintenance.

Just my outlook on the situation...