Exmark LazerZ 26HP EFI Hour meter quit

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Sharky, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Sharky

Sharky LawnSite Member
    from Ida, MI

Hourmeter quit working on 26HP Kohler EFI. Pulled hour meter out and tested on battery worked fine. Dealer said that oil pressure switch under air filter canister was culprit. Changed switch and hour meter worked for one click and then nothing again. Any Ideas????? :

2. IMoLwnz.com

IMoLwnz.com LawnSite Member

Hey be GLAD it didnt start on fire..... Mine did!!
    [​IMG]

3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

WOW. That REALLY SUCKS. ;)

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That has got to be about the saddest picture I've ever seen on this site. That one SURELY beats the Lazer upside down in the water.

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Was there any kind of warranty to cover that mower burning up? Insurance? Anything?

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

were you able to confirm what started the fire? was it electrical or do you think it was a spark that was sucked up in the bagger

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Fuel line gromet allowed fuel line to fall out of the tank?????

8. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

The hour meter on my Z Master quit working last fall. What ended up being the problem was the the coating on the wires to the hour meeter had worn off and they were touching each other. I put electrical tape around the worn parts of the wires and it started working again. Just something you could try looking at.

9. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

IMoLwnz.com

I am assuming your mower had EFI. Had anyone replaced a fuel filter or performed any maintence on the fuel supply hoses?

Oldtimer

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah really.... I'm curious to know if eXmark left him hanging out to dry on that one.
    If so I sure as heck wouldn't take it lying down.

I personally know of another company that is going to have a problem with that due to leaky fuel caps, due to tank design.