1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark lease

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Envy Lawn Service, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I've never leased anything before. Could someone please explain to me what the different term factors mean? I see that they are different for different lease term lenghts.

This is am option I would like to explore a little so i can compair the tax benefits v/s a cash purchase. Thanks!!!!
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey Envy Lawn Service,

Thanks for the post. The factor just allows you to figure your monthly payments. For instance, let's say that you're going to lease a Lazer Z for a term of 25 months. The price of the Lazer Z is $8400. To figure out your monthly payment, all you do is take the price of $8400 and multiply it by the factor of .0400 for a grand total of $336 a month (Exmark Pro Lease). As you increase the length of the term, your monthly payment gets smaller. Remember, however, that the advantage of a lease is that it allows you to turn your equipment before it starts to cost you money. If you're going to keep your mower past two or three years, you might want to consider doing a cash deal. After two years, the majority of your warranty has expired. At the end of three years, the warranty is expired.

There are some tax benefits involved with leasing, but those can vary. I would encourage you to consult an accountant about the benefits regarding leasing.

The other major benefit of leasing is that it doesn't tie up your line of credit. It's just an operating expense, not a permanent liability.

If you have any questions about leasing feel free to either contact me or Bob Cronk of Advance Acceptance. The Exmark Pro Lease is through Advance, and I'm sure Bob would be happy to talk to you about the advantages of both leasing and straight financing. His number is 800/288-5088.

Hope this helps,

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the info!