1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark making frame for j.d?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by danzig, Feb 26, 2002.

1. danzig

danzig LawnSite Member

Hello. Stopped by a John Deere dealer today. I was told Exmark is making the frame for the J.D. mid mount ztr mower. John Deere puts their deck on it. Is this true?
  2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think you were misinformed. JD bought Great Dane. The frames were made by Kees last couple years and now that JD owns Great Dane, the frames are made by them.
    Exmark and Toro frames are the same.
  3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Interesting concept but no. Exmark does not make frames or any other components for them. Anything green at our facility gets cut, chopped and disposed of in a suitable container or in most cases we mulch it.

There was however a time when the Yazoo/Kees company located across town did manufacture the commercial ZTR for them. As I recall the only thing that wasn't built by Yazoo/Kees was the mower deck. I believe however that that arrangement has been terminated a while ago. The dealer may have been talking about an older non-current model however it's hard to say with out seeing the machine. I would assume that he would know more about the machine than I would. I am certain however, that neither Exmark nor anybody associated with Exmark ever build ZTR frames for green machines.