Exmark Metro 21

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by spobubba, May 1, 2003.

1. spobubba

spobubba LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a durable 21" mower that will be used primarily for my 1/3 acre lawn. I've looked at the John Deere JX75 and 85 (being discontinued). I am really interested in the Metro 21, but need some additional info. I will primarily bag, but want the mower to also be a quality mulcher at times.

1. How many gears does the Metro 21 use. What are the speeds for each gear?

2. What is the blade tip speed?

3. Does the trivantage deck bag and mulch well? Are different blades needed for each application? I don't mind changing the blades if I have to. I have heard that the deck does not have the toro kickers. Can you confirm?

4. Can I still get the Metro w/ the Kaw. engine?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for the post. The Metro 21 has 3 speeds ranging between 2.0 mph and 4.1 mph and the blade tip speed is approximately 18,500.

Our Tri-Vantage deck does not use the kickers but we've gotten good comments regarding it's mulching ability and even better comments on it's bagging ability.

At this time we are not longer building Metro 21's with the Kawasaki engine. There may be a few still floating around the country but the supply is extremely limited.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience if I can be of any further assistance.